Spanish Version Released!Soon after Charbel was released in 2009 and distributed in North America, it didn't take long before numerous requests for a Spanish version of the film were made. A heartful letter from Francy Uribe Bohórquez of Bogotá, Colombia; specially caught the attention of Roland Eid; Charbel's movie producer. The movie is now available in 4 languages. Now with a new www.Saint-Charbel.com, anyone can enjoy this Lebanese cinematography marvel: a legacy to the Maronite communities around the world. read more
- Released in 2009
- Duration: 1hr46min
- Produced by Roland Eid
- Directed by Nabil Lebbos
- Music by Teddy Nasr
- Language: Arabic
- Film Location: Lebanon
Roland Eid, Charbel Movie Producer with son Charbel.
Charbel: the long-awaited documentary film on the life of the celebrated Lebanese Saint. Nabil Lebbos: a promissing young director, took on an important topic. He allowed his viewers to emphasis with the characters in the film and walk away with a sense of hope. See the film!- Films 'R Us
Father Hanna SkandarIntroducing Père Hanna Skandar, a Maronite monk in charge of the Monastery of our Lady of the Fort and author of noteworthy publications about Saint Charbel. read more
A Spiritual Retreat Center
- The Monastery of our Lady of the Fort
- Nearby the village of Menjez in Lebanon
- Some video footage of its beautiful surroundings
- read more
Charbeliat 7, The BookBased on the historical episodes recorded on Saint Charbel’s life and missions both on Earth and in Heaven, Father Hanna Skandar wrote what has become the most comprehensive single documented reference on Saint Charbel in his book Charbeliat 7. read more
From Bishop Francis Zayek”Sharbel is like a Cedar of Lebanon standing in eternal prayer, on top of a mountain.”
From Saint Charbel“The monk in his monastery is like a king in his palace: His kingdom is his order; his soldiers are his brethren; his glory is his virtue and sanctity; his crown is his love of God and his order; his scepter is his chastity and purity; his weapon is his poverty, obedience and prayers; his royal garment is his humility and gentleness.”
From Saint Charbel“You have united O lord, Your Divinity with our humanity, and our humanity, with your divinty, Your life with our mortality, and our mortality with Your life. You have assumed what is ours and you have given us what is Yours, for the life and salvation of our souls. To you be glory forever.”
- In 1853,Charbel pronounced the vows.
- Charbel was ordained priest in 1859.
- He renounced the pleasures of seeing his home, his relations and even his mother forever.
- On the 24th of December 1898, on Christmas Eve, at the age of seventy, he died.
- During forty-five nights after his death an extraordinary brightness surrounded his tomb.
- Every day, people from different countries come to venerate his tomb.
- Solemnly proclaimed Saint in a pontifical mass on October 9th 1977 by Pope Paul VI.
- The just shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like the Cedar of Lebanon> (Ps. Xci, 13).
- Father Charbel's intercession for the relief of human suffering, cures of the sick, and other temporal favors are still 21rst century realities.
This is Lebanon
Lets Do This-Al Bustan Festival (Lebanon)
March 17 to 21
- Beirut International Tango Festival 2010
April 21 to 26
-Baalbeck International Festival
-Batroun Summer Festival
-Beirut International Film Festival
-Byblos international festival
-Estivales Deir El Qamar
July 3 to August 6
-Tripoli International Festivals
Welcome to our new Forum!A place where communication, sharing and spirituality get together.
Saint-Charbel.com's Forum is moderated mainly by a group of Maronite Monks; ready to answer your questions and receive your comments.
We encourage you to register to this Forum and take advantage of its unique features. Ask questions, find information, or make announcements.
Your participation will be greatly appreciated!
Saint Charbel on Facebook
Dates to mark on your calendar
- May 08, 1828 ~ Charbel's Birthday!
- December 24, 1898 ~ Charbel died
- October 09, 1977 ~ Saint Charbel Canonization in Vatican